Getting potato to work

Hi,

I've got a major problem which I don't seem to find the solution to. I've
been running 2.1 for quite som time now (perfect stability, never went
down) and now it's time to move on, but I can't. I have a "noname" with an
old milo in flash, and it refuses to load any kernel newer than 2.0.36.

The newer 2.0 and 2.2 series of milo doesn't work from flash, and the old
milo cannot start ldmilo.exe, linload.exe, a newer milo nor the firmware
update utility (with SRM and ARC in it).

Can the firmware utility be put on a fail-safe disk, and if so, how? Any
hints would be very appreciated :)

/daniel