Re: Kernel-2.4.0-test6 appears successful

Hi,

> > Unfortunately, the make clean also removes the
> > vmlinux.lds. In consequence,
> > your correct order should be
> >  make dep
> >  make-kpkg clean
> >  make archdep
> >  make-kpkg --revision=custom.X.X kernel_image
> >  dpkg -i ../kernel-image***.deb
> Still no luck. I tried your suggestion, and even
> removed "rm -f vmlinux.lds" from the Makefile in
> arch/alpha/, and both times I had  errors whilts
> compliling. If you have managed to get the kernel
> compiled 'the old way', and the kernel-package breaks,
> obviously a debian bug.

Can You vie the error messages during the compile ? If you happen to
have the vmlinux.lds in the appropriate place, the build itself
should work.
Anyway, since 2.4.0-test7 is out, I will try using this one. The "releasenotes"
mention some changes/fixes, which are at least "desirable" ;-)
I already donwloaded the kernel-tar, but I have to wait for some jobs
to finish on the Alpha, before I can compile/reboot the new kernel.
This might take some 10 - 15 hours or so....

Anybody got a pair of 1.2Ghz 21264 for free ? I sure could use them 8-)
I vote for a "Free-GS-320-for-Debian-users" program ;-)

Anyway, regards,
Thomas Weyergraf

--
Thomas Weyergraf                                                kirk@colinet.de
My Favorite IA64 Opcode-guess ( see arch/ia64/lib/memset.S )