Re: IA64

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Voss <Dave.Voss@fr.coflexip.com> writes:

 Dave> However, I was told by my IS department that MS no longer
 Dave> supports NT/Alpha. If this is true, IA64 is of course a big

Compaq recently announced that it was resuming support for NT, and
wil start supporting Win2000 also. Don't have any dates, but you could
check the compaq site to see if they are really going to acutally do
this.

I would concur that marketing has more to do with the success of the
alpha than technical merits. This is usually the case with most
products.

Later,

Alan