Re: Adaptacrap 1542C vs 1520B

[snip]

> The 1520 uses polled I/O, not DMA. I've never seen one - it was said to
> be an awful slow dog at the time it was introduced. But I assume, it *could*
> work.

If I remember correctly the DMA had problems (or this was 1510?). So all
drivers (SCO and Novell too) disabled it. There were conditions when it could
go on holiday. But this is off the top of my head. Have not seen one of these
for ages and I may as well be incorrect.

> Also, if you ( Ron Farrer ) has the option of choosing, I would probably go
> for a BusLogic. At least the driver uses bounce-buffers.

Agree. There are some other 16bit cards that may be suitable as well.

> Anyway, it's very late now ( in Germany ) and i'll finish now.
> Just my $.02

UK too ;-)

My 0.02p

[snip]