Re: Just filed some bugs :-)

 C> On 25 Jul 2000, Alan P. Kennedy, Sr wrote:

 C> Yes. Looks like you're missing a few packages there (including
 C> libesd0, libmikmod0, etc). Try an 'apt-get update ; apt-get -u
 C> upgrade' and see if it says that it's going to install some
 C> packages. If so, let it :-)

I saw the followup post. I see that those packages are not needed.

 C> BTW, I'm assuming this is potato...correct?

Potato

 >> I had another small problem. ppp would not work with older version
 >> of linux ppp. If it is important I could dig out the error
 >> messages, but don't have them on hand right now. I had to upgrade
 >> to ppp-2.4.0b2.tar.gz in order to get ppp to work. What was
 >> interesting is that ppp worked fine with my isp. Found the
 >> solution in the Linux usenet newsgroups. For the record this was
 >> in the i386 distribution also.

 C> Hmmm...what kernel version are you running? I know there was some
 C> problems with some versions (can't recall exactly which, but I can
 C> search if needed).

2.2.16 but it did not matter what kernel I had running pppd would not
    work with the very old redhat based pppd at work, until I upgraded
    the base pppd package. This was strange because pppd worked with
    everything else. I guess they need to upgrade at work but this out
    of my control.

Thanks for the info.