Re: AlphaServer 1000A 4/266 installation question

On Sat, Jul 22, 2000 at 03:41:13PM -0400, Jim Crilly wrote:

> I just wanted to let you know that the kernels you pointed me to fixed
> the problem, and were easily put on a Debian(slink at this point) install
> floppy.

Good.

> You were also correct about the DAC960 which has 2.36 firmware IIRC, so
> the driver doesn't work. Any encouraging words or am I screwed unless I
> get a newer card?

I can't remember any details, but seem to remember negative findings.

It has been discussed on axp-list in detail a few times in the last
month or two; see if you can find something in the archives...

1000A has a builtin QLogic; can you hook up the disks to that in the
meantime?

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Engineering - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K20         (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com