login.defs + su

Hello,

	After a recent update from potato, something got changed where
root can no longer su to other users without a password. This hangs
/etc/init.d/cnewsclean which tries to su to news asking for a password
during bootup.

	Doing some investigation, I found that in /etc/login.defs the
environment variable HZ is being set to 100 where it says it should be
1024 on the alpha. Is that of any importance?

Greetings,
Michael.

"I'm not just a server, but I'm also a client."		Debian GNU/Linux
Michael Stroucken	stroucki@debian.org	 Is your penguin 64 bit?