Re: weird gnomeicu troubles...

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Konrad Podloucky wrote:

> Now, I haven't had this behaviour when I was running redhat a
> couple of months ago and I haven't seen this on x86 boxen so I
> guess this is debian specific. I've used the gnome-libraries from
> potato, woody and now helix, but they don't make any difference.
> I've also tried to debug this beast, but I haven't traced down
> the problem yet as I am unable to find out where exactly t
> his happens. (Jeremy I'm CC'ing this to you, because you may have
> an idea how to handle this)
> Has anybody out there seen the same problems?

All of us have.  I tried debugging it and it became too much of a
nightmare.  I never did find the specific problem and the spot in the code
that seems to trigger it has nothing wrong with it (at least that's where
I think it's dying).  I think we're pulling it from potato, fyi, since
adding users also has a funky dialog box and a few other misc
problems.  It's a shame too since gnomeicu is pretty useful. I'm hoping a
later patch or debugging session will allow us to re-introduce gnomeicu
into potato at a later date.