Re: anyone on this list? Help needed with UDB.

Ron Farrer (rbf@farrer.net) wrote:

> Odd, IIRC the nonames are half-flash systems, i.e. they can only hold
> one firmware at a time?
>
> Anyway, from the SRM prompt type 'show ewa0*' (without the single
> quotes) to make sure your ethernet is found and has the correct
> settings.
>
> Assuming that is all setup correctly, you should be able to type: 'boot
> -proto bootp ewa0 -flags "root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.0.1"' (minus
> the single quotes, changing as necessary).
>
> You should be able to type 'help boot' and get a list of other options.
> If not I can dig out a couple of manuals and probably find what you
> need.
>
> If you have another Linux/UNIX system to prep the hdd on, it may be
> easier then netbooting.. I don't remember if there is a netboot image on
> in the ISO images?

I just browsed through the install manual for potato/Alpha:
<http://www.debian.org/releases/potato/alpha/install.en.txt>. It appears
I was right, you can't do an install via netboot off the CD images. The
section is 5.3.2. You may want to read the hard disk installation
section if you have another Linux/UNIX system.

HTH,

Ron
--
Email: <mailto:rbf@farrer.net>