Re: libforms?

Hi,

On Sun, 18 Jun 2000, Ulrich Teichert wrote:

> >I try to compile the multiple sequence alignment editor Seaview by
> >Manolo Gouy. The archive contains several *.c files and some headers.
>
> Well, I don't know seaview, so handle my suggestions with care ;-)

I am glad for any kind of hints. Thank you!

> >Compiling of the single *.c files works fine, but during linking process
> >I always get a heap of error messages with "undefined references to"
> >whatever kind of (fl_get_menu_item, fl_set_menu_item_mode,
> >fl_redraw_object etc). I was told, that presumably a library does not
> >fit here.
>
> That means that you don't link against the library with these symbols.

So obviously I am not linking it to wrong lib, but one lib is missing?
Do you have an idea what kind of lib this is referring to?

> using
>
> LIB_PATH = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib
>
> is probably overkill already. To link against libform, you have to
> use -l:
>
> LIBS = -lm -lform -lX11 -lffm

Where are those shortcuts managed? -lX11 is not configured on my system.
I have to tell it the complete path to the X11R6 libs.

Regards,

Kerstin

--

	kerstin.hoef-emden@uni-koeln.de