Re: Internal errors in g++

[snip]

> > Nope. It is the potato one. Machine is current frozen. Compiler is:
> > Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-linux/2.95.2/specs
> > gcc version 2.95.2 20000313 (Debian GNU/Linux)
>
> Yikes.  Ok, I'll have to retry it.  I could've sworn that I didn't do
> anything special to compile it.
>
> > I am unsure what to do with this one. If there is a working well polished deb
> > with an earlier mysql (but without the passwd bug) I will just file it
> > upstream. So that there is working Mysql for the release.
>
> Hmmm...file it.  I doubt we can do anything about it since it's
> technically an ICE in gcc that I don't really have time to work on a fix
> for.  I'm sure a patch will come down the line eventually for gcc to
> correct this.

OK.
	I will retry with a proper build of mysql within the context of the packaging
system tomorrow. And see if it builds what is the difference. If the g++
problem stays I will file a bug against mysql as the workaround with patching
the makefile is trivial and mysql is not in base.

And a bug upstream with gcc.

This is hypocritical but g++ is base, while a mysql workaround is something
that can easily be done and as you say not a hell of a lot to do with egcc ;-)