Re: openldap on alpha

On 8 Jun 2000, David Huggins-Daines wrote:

> Worse than that, this is also a memory corruption bug (see #63185).
> BenC: should I raise the severity to Important?

Really....argh!  Considering that the bug report is 41 days old and
doesn't appear to have been acknowledged, I'd raise it to important.  This
is a rather nasty trend WRT alignment-related bugs on Alpha...

> Don't bother tracking this, as I've already submitted a patch.  In the
> future, the attached program (which gives you a shell from which any
> programs you run will die with SIGBUS immediately on unaligned traps)
> should prove useful.  (that is, if Gnus decides not to eat the
> attachment :P)

Thanks.  I have this programme also :-)  I was just getting ready to fire
it up and see what was up.