Re: openldap on alpha

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000 dan@mid-hudson.com wrote:

> I've installed openldap 1.2.10 on my alpha ds-10s and it seems to run, but
> every time I query it, it logs a few messages:
>
> slapd(5341): unaligned trap at 0000000120038d6c: 000003ffffbffc04 2d 2
> slapd(5341): unaligned trap at 0000000120038d6c: 000003ffffbffc0c 2d 2
>
> Everything seems to function, but I plan on using the database for a
> number of things, so a few lines of errors on each query is going to be a
> mess.  Any suggestions or pointers?

Ok...first off, their not errors, but rather warnings that some memory
accesses are being performed on data that's not perfectly aligned on the
proper boundaries.  I'll see if I can figure out what's going on, but if
you're handy with gdb, you can probably figure it out as well and point me
in the right direction :-)

I'll look into it regardless since unaligned accesses are a performance
hit (since the kernel has to intervene).