Re: spike support for.. woody?!

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> I'll look into this, but I don't know how wise it may be to replace ld in
> the binutils package.  I'll have to find out what they did to it and try
> to implement it otherwise (since they often use older copies of binutils
> when making modifications).

Nevermind.  Their patch is extremely trivial.  I'm surprised they
didn't try to work it in upstream, honestly, although I don't see much
purpose to what they did except for an application like this.  When I
do my "binutils re-organisation" this coming week, I'll apply the patch
or at least make sure that ld will work with spike.  I'll probably whip up
a deb for them as well so they can make it available...