Re: ld problem

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Kristian Nielsen wrote:

> For what it is worth, I have a very fresh potato/frozen system with all
> of Compaq's compilers (Fortran, C, C++) installed. The Fortran stuff
> comes from the Compaq .debs, the C and C++ are from debs I created from
> the RPMs with alien. I tried compiling the ctest.c example with gcc and
> I saw no problems.
>
> Let me know if there is something else I can mention that will help.

Ah, very interesting.  FYI, I downloaded the compiler RPMs from Compaq and
am generating some debs to send to them (along with the diffs, like
always).  I'll be unable to distribute these myself due to their license
restrictions, but I'll lobby them to post the debs once I test things out
and make sure everything is working perfectly.

Thanks for the info, though.  Leads me to believe that the debs in
question were misgenerated somehow...