Re: gFTP 2.0.6a and ldconfig

On 09-May-2000 Christopher C. Chimelis enlightened me with:

[...]
> There is a performance hit for -mieee compiled packages, but
> we haven't
> ruled out compiling everything that way in the future.  If
> it's an
> isolated group of packages (let's say, just the math section
> and a
> spattering of other sections' packages), then I'd be inclined
> not to
> compile everything with -mieee.  But if it's a more widespread
> problem,
> then it may be the way to go regardless of the performance
> hit.

Ok, good point.

> One step at a time, though, let's see if it works ok for this
> package ;-)
> Also, can you check on our gnumeric package?  Let's try to
> make sure that
> one is ok the way it is also while we're at it.

Sorry, I forgot to mention: it isn't gnumeric itself, it's
libart (part of gnome-libs). Redhat had (has?) exactly the same
problem. I know it doesn't work with the gnome-libs from potato,
but I haven't tried the woody binaries yet, I just compiled the
source. I'll give them a shot tomorrow and tell you the results.

Bye,
        Konrad

  .~.   Konrad Podloucky    <konrad@pelimbert.tssc.univie.ac.at>
  /V\                  Running GNU/Linux 2.2.15 on an Alpha
 // \\  GnuPG/PGP-key available by request
/(   )\ "To those not knowing the letter A, it might just be
 ^^-^^   three sticks lying on the ground." W.Pooh