Static apt and dpkg done

On Tue, 9 May 2000, J.A. Bezemer wrote:

> I've just heard from m68k that building apt as indicated in the README
> (http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/potato/upgrade-i386/source/) might fail
> after the actual compile during dh_installdocs (or the like). Just repeating
> the "fakeroot debian/rules -<var-stuff> binary" should continue building the
> package without further problems. (Due to some weird dependency checks or
> something...)

Yes.  Also, fyi, I had to comment out the call to dpkg-shlibdeps, since
that also fails on static binaries :-)  Oh, and the source package unpacks
to have 2755 permissions on the debian dir (for dpkg only), which bombs
compilation as well (had to chmod -R g-s *).

At any rate, both are built and on my ftp site, complete with signed
.changes files (just in case)...

ftp://spawn.besmarter.com/pub

Look in the apt-static and dpkg-static dirs :-)