Re: segfaults and other murders

Adam C Powell IV (hazelsct@mit.edu) wrote:

> How about a backtrace?  You may need to apt-get source and debian/rules build
> to produce an unstripped binary, but a backtrace is real helpful in a bug
> report.

Hmm.. I can't seem to get gnomeicu to run with debugging... I added
"-g3" to several lines in 'configure' but when I run gdb here is what
happens:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/gnomeicu
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
Gdk-ERROR **: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  (no debugging symbols found)...
  Program exited with code 01.

Another thing. Sometimes when I do this it kills gnome-panel (segfault)
and when this happens I get logged out. :( I think I should fix that, very
annoying!

FYI I've run gnomeicu several times and it dies as soon as it goes to
"online".

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Ron