Re: trying to install slink from cdrom on ds10...

Insert the Driver Floppy and let it load. You will then be prompted to
configure the modules. Don't do anything with it for now. Just say ok to
the module prompts and continue with the rest of the installation. Get the
base system installed and configured, then go through the dselect process.
Make sure you get an ftp client.

You will likely get some messages saying you have a 2.2.12 kernel and
2.2.whatever module directories on boot up. That's ok, the kernel has what
you need for now compiled in. Once you compile your new kernel and reboot,
then the modules and kernel will be in sync.

This process assumes that the generic kernel has what you need for your
hardware compiled into it.

Ernest Johanson
Web Systems Administrator
Fuller Theological Seminary