Problems booting an AS200 4/166 with "current" avanti slink disk

	The subject says it all.  I've got an AlphaStation 200 4/166
with the ARC firmware.

	The rescue disk loads properly.  Linload.exe is happy as a
clam.  Once milo gets loaded in and statistics are printed on the
memory addresses used for firmware variables etc, it says "Swapping to
PALcode at 0x0 ..." and then just hangs.

	I've gone through the mailing list archives, and the only
comparable case I saw showed someone with a similar configuration but
the SRM console.

	I saw rumors of a replacement milo I can try.  If this is the
proper solution, is there anything in particular I need to know?