Re: Does anyone know why...

On Mon 21 Feb 2000, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Paul Slootman wrote:
>
> > Because the autobuilder only uploads (perhaps past tense?) to unstable,
> > even if the changelog says "frozen unstable". See the thread in
> > debian-alpha: "Autobuilder status".
>
> But this doesn't explain why my hand uploads are being
> rejected...hmmm....I'll go back and look at the thread...thanks!

The problem is: the autobuilder has already uploaded e.g. foo 1.2-3 to
woody, and you're trying to upload foo 1.2-3 to potato AND woody.  The
installer finds that >= 1.2-3 is already in woody, and rejects the
entire foo upload.  Yes, it's not expected behaviour, but there _is_
some logic in it :-)

So by editing the *.changes file to remove "unstable" from the
"Distribution:" line (and resigning it) you can get the upload to work.

Paul