Re: Fast blas1

Greetings, and thanks for your work on the blas!  Have you by chance
timed these routines against the atlas package blas?  Atlas
automatically tunes the blas for your particular hardware, and is open
source.  And what's better, it has hooks allowing the user to provide
a small number of kernel routines to time against the others and
possibly include in the finished library.  In fact, a few others and
myself are working on that right now for the PIII, using the kni and
prefetch x86 extensions.  We're seeing significant gains with these
instructions, and hope to contribute them to atlas soon.  The
interested reader can check out

http://master.debian.org/~camm/kniblas.tgz
http://master.debian.org/~camm/mblasnt.ps.gz
http://master.debian.org/~camm/mblasger.ps.gz