Re: debian on an XP1000a

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 10:40:00AM -0500, Waite, Michael wrote:
> I am having difficulty getting Debian 2.1 to install onto an XP1000a (EV6.7)
>
> I can get the installer to run even though there does not seem to be any
> ev6* kernels on the cdrom.
> My problem is that it does not seem to make the boot drive bootable.
> Also in the installer there does not seem to be an option for making a
> bootable floppy.
> Any help would be appreciated.

If you dare to try the frozen distribution of Debian potato you find
bootfloppies at
http://koenig.isr.uni-stuttgart.de/debian

For the XP1000a you should use the generic flavour of the bootfloppies.

If you try them we'd be very grateful (just for testing purposes).

I send the preliminary short instructions in a separate email.

> FYI when I get this system up and running I am going to make it available to
> the general public in the tesdrive program http://www.testdrive.compaq.com
> that I run here at Compaq (DEC).

Cool.

Greetings,