Re: Palm Pilot tools on Alpha?

Doug Larrick <doug@ties.org> writes:

> I am in need of developing a small program for my Palm Pilot, and
> figured I would use my Debian Alpha machine.  However, the prc-tools
> package (which contains the cross-compiler, cross-binutils, etc.) does
> not exist for Alpha.  I pulled down the source and found out why: the
> gcc in this package does not seem to support Linux/Alpha at all
> (OSF1/Alpha yes, WinNT/Alpha yes, Linux/x86 yes, but no Linux/Alpha).
>
> Does anyone have suggestions of what I can do to get this working?
> (Newer gcc maybe?)

I used to maintain prc-tools and actually gave it off to another
person when I switched to alpha for just this reason.  Apparently the
reason lies with gcc, but as I don't have the knowledge or time to
hack gcc, I've just left it as-is.  Supposedly somewhere there is a
newer version based on egcs that might maybe possibly work on alpha
:-)

No idea where.