Re: Alpha kernel-image-2.2.14 packages

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Herbert Xu wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 01:32:41AM -0600, Michael Stroucken wrote:  In
> the source directory on ftp.debian.org, you'll find both the pristine
> source and the diff file that will allow you to build the kernel-source
> package.  So you don't have to download it twice.

	But I've got the .deb package which contains:-
/usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.13.tar.bz2

, which is actually the patched version, even though it looks deceptively
like the official sources. And I WOULD have to download the real sources
again through my modem because I can't reliably patch anything against
this beast. I had the opportunity to use debian's boxes for their
bandwidth and disk space to create diffs. Not everybody has those
resources...

Greetings,
Michael.

"I'm not just a server, but I'm also a client."		Debian GNU/Linux
Michael Stroucken	stroucki@debian.org	 Is your penguin 64 bit?