Re: Linux 2.2.14pre9 (fwd)

>>> Christopher C Chimelis said:
>
> On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>
> > Notice the bit about Alpha FPU issues - does this effect our problems with
> > needing -mieee?
> >
> > IMHO the kernel should be supplying the necessary iee emulation, not gcc..
>
> It's possible that it fixes things, but I'll have to look at the code to
> be sure.  Looks like it's either an underflow or NaN causing it with gs.
> I'll get the code from Alan and see if I can figure out what Jay did with
> the FPU emulation.

Jay didn't do anything with the FP emulation. I believe Richard Henderson
put in some patches in pre9, on top of a lot of common patches supplied by
the SPARC folks in pre7 and pre8.

And it certainly didn't solve everything, as there's still trouble running
the Alpha version of CivCTP... :-\

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                       Alpha Engineering - LINUX
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K20    (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752  Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com