Re: Compiling packages for slink

paul@wau.mis.ah.nl said:

> Make sure that "your" package version number sorts lower than the potato
> number.

This turns out to be a problem in a few cases where package X tests for
package Y version >= Z, like debhelper. I ended up coming up with a variant
where:

  a) if the package version is of the form X.YY-Z, turn it into
     X.YY-0slinkZ

  b) if the package version is of the form X.Y.Z, turn it into
     X.Y.Z.0slink1

b) variats won't upgrade properly but that's only three packages or so of
the 40 I have compiled up.

--
Martin Lucina http://www.kotelna.sk/mato/ Wellington, New Zealand
I've always been mad I know I've been mad like the most of us are