Re: TGA card and X woes

e.denny@ic.ac.uk said:

> Here's the output:

> 00:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: Digital Equipment Corporation PBXGB [TGA2] (rev 22)

You can see from this that your card is a TGA2, not a ZLXp-E3, which would
show up as TGA. Contrary to popular opinion, TGA2 cards are not compatible
with TGA cards and are not supported by Linux (or *BSD).

If enough demand develops I may look into writing drivers for these cards
but they are apparently very Evil, using a Cirrus Logic chip to implement
VGA text mode and a gate array to implement TGA-ish 2D.

--
Martin Lucina http://www.kotelna.sk/mato/ Wellington, New Zealand
I've always been mad I know I've been mad like the most of us are