Re: updating the hwclock and kernel clock?

On Wed 03 Nov 1999, Ron Farrer wrote:

> > Note that debian does this automatically when you shutdown...
>
> Shutdown? What's that? ;-)

That's what you do when you know in advance there's going to be a
power cut (or a tropical storm, right Chris? :-)

> > PS: please try to limit your line length to 70 or so, that makes it
> > easier to read and easier to cut down on the quoted text.
>
> Sorry! I use mutt + vim. I have no clue how to tell vim to wrap at 70!?!

I use that combo too. Put this in your .vimrc:

au BufNewFile,BufReadPost snd.*,.article*,mutt*[0-9] set ts=8 tw=72

That makes vim wrap at column 72 (I also have to use a non-standard tab
setting here at work, hence the ts=8). This is done for all files that
match the specifed glob patterns (also for news postings from trn, for
example). These 'autocommands' are great... Try ":help autocmd" in vim
for an explanation.

PS: you could do with a more discrete .signature as well :-)

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/