Re: apt-get upgrade dies badly ...

On 02-Nov-99 Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> On 2 Nov 1999, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
>
>> When I try to install libc6.1_*-9, ldconfig gets run, which tanks on
>> an illegal instruction still.
>>
>> Suggestions?

I encountered this problem the other day. It seems that the ldso 1.9.11-5 was
corrupted. Shortly after this, however, I found that there was a new package on
the main Debian FTP (may not have reached all mirrors yet), version
1.9.11-5.0.1. I downloaded this with ftp and used dpkg to install it. After
that, ldconfig was fine.

Get this package at ftp.debian.org, as it's certain to be there. It was only
updated last night (which is interesting, because 1.9.11-5 has a timestamp that
was four days old when it was pulled.)

---
-chris
Sent on 02-Nov-99 at 17:13:05.
Linux is cool. Windows sucks.
Random "fortune:"
"It's like deja vu all over again."   -- Yogi Berra