Re: Star Office

On 15 Sep 1999, Ron Farrer wrote:

> JDK, that's what I'm afraid will happen...

Same here.  I think we may get lucky, though, since StarOffice wasn't
their product originally (if I remember correctly).

> BTW, what happened with JDK on AlphaLinux, there was a guy on the Rat Hat axp-list that was doing it. I was off that list
> for a few months (got tired of the whinners) and I noticed he doesn't post weekly (or so) updates about it anymore.

Uncle George had a scrap with Sun over his JDK releases and just didn't
want to go through it any more.

> True, unless their BS license doesn't allow this... Of course, those sort of things never stopped me before. ;-)

Well....their licensing usually won't include things like that since
you're not really distributing the programme proper, but it very well
could say something like that :-(