Re: Rescue for Ruffian doesn't boot

On 28 Jun 1999, Goswin Brederlow wrote:

> Xavier Montagutelli <Xavier.Montagutelli@gmm.insa-tlse.fr> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > we have a new 21164 533 MHz system, with a Samsung 164 UX2 motherboard,
[..]
> > Yesterday, we couldn't boot using the debian 2.1 rescue disk for Ruffian.
> > Well, it does boot, but stops after unzipping the kernel, after :
>
> Hmm, what milo?
> I used the rescuedisk just last week on my Ruffian (but I think its a
> bx not ux). Haven't tried ide since, but that should show up much
> later if broken.

[about milo]
> Try the one from the rescuedisk, that worked for me.

Thank you, it works perfectly. We hadn't see that (debian) milo was on the
rescue, stupid boys ...

But for our defence : the "Debian ALPHA Installation HOWTO" talks
about a "milo.dd" floppy
(http://www.bard.org.il/~marc/html/DebAlphaHOWTO.html/ch-Procedure.html,
or http://beezer.med.miami.edu:8080/alpha/docs/nano-HOWTO.html/ch4.html),
and the "Install Manual for Alpha" from Debian is not very up to date.

(Yes, I know everyone can contribute to help ...)

[ Xavier Montagutelli          0--0                                     ]
[ INSA Toulouse - Dpt de Mathematiques   Tel: +33 5 61 55 93 38         ]
[ Complexe scientifique de Rangueil      Fax: +33 5 61 55 93 20         ]
[ 31077 Toulouse Cedex 4                 Mel: montagut@gmm.insa-tlse.fr ]