Re: Scsi controllers

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Jeff Bolle wrote:

> I was wondering what scsi controllers people have had the best luck with
> under alpha linux, and which were ones to stay away from. I am looking for a
> relativly inexpensive uw scsi controller, and have been unable to find a
> place that gives a good review/benchmark of scsi controllers. Thanks.

we have a 600au(miata) here with a Qlogic ISP and 2 adaptec 2940 u2w's.
when we had just the qlogic with and internal and external drive, we got
lockups. now, the qlogic has only internal drives, and the 2940's have the
u2w raid arrarys on them and everything works fine. performance is great(
we run a software mirror, a webserver, mailserver and real time video
capture on the box at the same time.)

cd

|    davis@lrtw.org     |               Chris Davis               |
| davis@ecf.utoronto.ca |        Computer Engineering OTO++       |
|    cd@debian.org      |           University of Toronto         |
| Developer, Linux port to the Sparc/Sun4 Architecture.           |