Re: Big problems with arch-indep perl-based packages on archs other than i386

On 23 Jun 1999, Darren/Torin/Who Ever... wrote:

> Note that when a Perl module is installed, if any of it has a binary
> component (Perl XS), all of the module is installed into the
> arch-dependent directory.

Very true, which is the case with arch-dependent perl-based packages.  I'm
referring to the arch-indep packages.  I've backtracked a bit and noticed
that most of them just store .packlist's there (no big deal), but there
are a few (libapache-asp-perl comes to mind) which stores other things
into /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/*.

> Now, if what you are saying is that a binary Perl module that was built
> for Alpha puts code into i386-linux, then that is obviously wrong.

No, those are correct in every case that I've seen thus far.