Re: Kernel packages

On Mon, Jun 14, 1999 at 07:46:25PM -0400, dannyhp@pop.web.net wrote:
> I'd like to try compiling a kernel.  However, the kernel-sources package
> appears to install a bit *.tar.gz, which when unwrapped isn't configured for an
> alpha.  In particular, when I run 'make menuconfig' and begin setting things
> up, the choice of processors is all i386 (386, 486, pentium, ppro).
>
> Is it too early for ordinary users to build an alpha kernel, or are there
> instructions I should follow?

  My advise is to avoid the menuconfig rule and use config. AFAIK the config
  always displays the right options. Other build rules can be incomplete.

  So try to run 'make config' to see if this solves it.

  HTH,

  B.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------