Re: XBase-Clients, Xemacs, and gcc

orion@phlan.net writes:

> Hi,
> After the latest update of gcc, when I build the kernel it seg faults
> about every 2-3 minutes.  If I retype the command, it continues on and
> then segfaults later.  It doesn't comment on any signals (such as signal
> 11) and I'm not overclocking the machine in any way.

Hmm, strange. And 2-3 minutes are just to short for a small kernel.

Falk hueffner and me had a similar thing. We tried to compile
xscreensaver on his Alpha with a egcc snapshot. One of the hacks gives
a SID 11. Only that file and allways that file. Compiling with -O1
work, -O1 and -Ostrength-reduces gives SIG 11.

Maybe you could try to compile with -O0. If that doesn't even work.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin