Re: Alpha coordination and building

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Bart Warmerdam wrote:

> Another thing that springs to mind: if we add a short description, like to one
> used as bts title, we could also add the alpha specific buildproblems as well.

True, and a good idea :-)

> [1]: this could be a reference to the build problem list a posted earlier. If
> we add a table with these errors we can easily create a database with egcs
> error packages and test every new upstream with this database. If we submit
> the url for the interface of this database to egcs they also could use it
> to test, if they want.

Or, they can reference back to the reporter/creator of the record and ask
for a preprocessed file to test with (which is pretty much what they're
going to want anyway).  As we both know, they tend not to want to build an
entire package just to test a single file's bomb.  That's what makes cases
like postgresql and the tcl/tk problems so hard to fix...