Re: Mozilla M6 debs available for testing!

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Bart Warmerdam wrote:

> The news/mail interface was not visible from mozilla when I installed it. It
> also crashed on me a couple of times. It's reproduceable so I can mail you the
> trick when I'm at home.

Please do :-)

> Also "view|source" and similar windows do not have window decorations. This
> makes it hard to close them (i've got a key-combo that minimizes windows and
> icononized windows have close menu's so... ;-) )

I noticed this also.  From what I can tell, it seems to be source-related,
although I will go back through the build logs and see if I can find any
warnings that might pertain to this.

> The Mozilla cache is also crappy. Saving a loaded document without a
> connection starts the dnshelper which effectively kills mozilla since it's not
> going to listen to your input anymore. Killing the dnshelper helps nothing.

Hmmm...I'll try that today and see what goes...I didn't get around to
trying the file commands.

> I'll try the browser suggestions that were posted on the axp list this
> weekend. Maybe there are better browsers available than mozilla.

I believe there are, but haven't had much time to look into them either.
Also, running headless kinda puts a damper on X stuff :-)