Re: kernel problem

On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 08:27:01PM -0800, Eric Melville wrote:
> i'm trying to compile kernel 2.0.38, and i'm not having _any_ luck. i've
> set up the kernel (i believe) correctly, but all i get when i boot it is
> a line of ------'s, and then it hangs there forever. i've tried to
> compile kernel 2.2.13 and got the same effect. i tried to compile the
> 2.0.38 kernel both with and without the 2.0.x-egcs patch to no avail.
> any ideas?

  Hi Eric,

  I guess this is while decompressing the kernel? Place the kernel on a dos
  partition on the beginning of you harddisk (partion of say 5 a 10 Mb
  starting on the first physical cylinders on your disc). The same happened to
  me at one time and this is how I solved it. For all I know this 'feature'
  should not exist anymore, but it seems it has bitten you...

  HTH,

  B.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------