Re: 2.2.14pre16: ethernet problem

>>> Ron Farrer said:
> Ron Farrer (rbf@farrer.net) wrote:
>
> > Hello all;
> >
> > I finally get a 2.2.14pre kernel to boot and it gives me this error:
> > mustang kernel: eth0: No link beat found.
> >
> > So far this is the only error in /var/log/messages :)
> >
> > This is on my AS200 with the onboard 10BaseT
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> One thing I forgot to meantion is I copied a '.config' from a *working*
> 2.2.13 and did a 'make oldconfig'. Could that have caused this? I've
> never had any problems before, but thought I'd meantion it..

I don't think so, but it could be.

There is both a new tulip.c (v0.91g-ppc) and an old_tulip.c (v0.89H)
available now; simply say NO to de4x5 and tulip and you'll be asked about
"old_tulip".

In addition, there were some changes to tulip.c between pre12 and pre16; if
you had it working with pre12, perhaps you could try backing them out and
rebuild?

Good luck.

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                       Alpha Engineering - LINUX
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K20    (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752  Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com