Re: new version of powstatd has unaligned traps

On Tue 30 Nov 1999, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> Well, I must be doing something wrong...
> I installed libc6.1-dbg and:
>
> # make alpha
> cc -DSECURE -Wall -g -DDEBUG -DALPHA -DSTATFILE=\"/etc/powerstatus\"  -DCONFIG="\"/etc/powstatd.conf\"" powstatd.c  xtea.alpha.c -o powstatd

I think you have to tell the linker where the wanted libraries are;
per default it still uses the non-debug libs.  It's been a while since
I did it myself, so I'm not sure whether it has to be done during the
linking phase or whether doing it via LD_LIBRARY_PATH is enough...

Try compiling with a -L/usr/lib/libc_debug flag, and if that's not
enough, try running it as "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/libc_debug powstatd ..."
You may have to do that last bit for gdb as well.

> powstatd.c: In function `readSock':
> powstatd.c:1121: warning: long unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 3)
> powstatd.c:1121: warning: long unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 4)
> powstatd.c: In function `tellSlaves':
> powstatd.c:1210: warning: long unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 4)
> powstatd.c:1210: warning: long unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 5)

It may be worthwhile fixing these warnings first...

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/