Re: fdisk, bsd labels

japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au said:
> remembering back to the fdisk problem with fdisk writing disk labels 1
> cylinder too far... I have a disk with partition c 2049 cylinders ... and
> partition e runs on to 2050.  Is it possible (ie safe) to delete partition e
> and then reacreate it with 2049 cylinders as the upper bound? or is it
> preferable to copy all the data off it first?

Changing the size of the partition in fdisk won't delete anything, but it
won't change the filesystem size either. The safe way to do this is to do a
complete backup/fdisk/mkfs/restore, otherwise you could try playing around
with e2resize.

mato
--
Martin Lucina http://www.kotelna.sk/mato/ Wellington, New Zealand
I've always been mad I know I've been mad like the most of us are