mispackaged packages..

Hello there,

When installing this Alpha board into my pooter, I came across the
following:

xawtv: the v4l-conf utility as well as xawtv-remote are not in the
       binary package. They compiled from the source (the source
       package contains intel binaries, btw) and work well, so I
       think they have simply got lost in the packaging process.

xemacs20 : is there any particular reason that there's no
       xemacs20-nomule binary package? I failed to compile myself
       because I don't have all the required library headers
       installed, but I guess, I'm not the only one using xemacs
       without mule. I'd appreciate pointers to pre-compiled binaries
       but also will try to get it compiled from source unless someone
       tells me that it has severe troubles...

afbackup: is anyone running afbackup on alpha? I just tried it in
       favour of taper and all I could get was that afclient
       complained about the server refusing connections. Telnetting to
       the afbckup server on localhost gives an error about the
       machine having 8-byte longints or somesuch. (I've already
       erased the package from disk so I don't have the exact wording
       of that error at hand)
       have I overlooked something?

taper: on my intel box, taper 6.8 used to run nicely (daily backup of
       ~2G system and ~1G user data) while taper 6.9 segfaults. Now,
       I've tried taper 6.9 on alpha and it segfaults too. I really
       don't want to waste too much time with this since last time I
       checked, it was a heisenbug (wouldn't occur when running taper
       in the debugger), so the question is: is there still a taper6.8
       binary or source package anywhere?

milo:  any particular reason for not including a milo package into the
       main distribution?

Don't get me wrong: I _am_ deeply impressed by the ease of
installation (after having wrestled the stupid BIOS, that is) and the
degree of stability of Debian. I am ready to look into some problems
myself but I can use a guiding hand sometimes. If there is some quick
guide to debugging source packages, I'd highly appreciate that.

kind Regards,
--
Eberhard Burr    check http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Eberhard.Burr/publickey.asc
                 for PGP Key -- #include <stddisc.h> -- electric cookie follows