Re: upgrading to potato

On Wed 18 Aug 1999, Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:

> BUT, after:
> 	apt-get update (after editing the /etc/apt/sources.list file to
> 			appropriately say usntable)
> 	apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> crashes on updating bash.  It says cannot execute post-installaton scripts,
> not present (or similar)  and the machine becomes unusable.
> I presume that this is not the correct way about upgrading?

There's a thread over on debian-devel stating (in short) that bash
2.02.1-1.5 has a problem when doing dist-upgrade... Wait for a newer
version to be available was the recommendation (a bit late for you I
guess).  You'll have to fudge around with rescue disks etc.  It seems
that bash gets removed somehow.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/