Buslogic FlashPoint SCSI Card Support

	I have a BT-930 SCSI card that I would like to use in my XLT
Alpha. Upon boot up, the card is detected, but then I am told that support
for Flashpoint was not included in the driver. Flashpoint support was
enabled in the kernel configuration, but apparently, unless on is building
on i386, flashpoint support is still not included. I hacked the source
files to allow flashpoint support to be built alpha, and rebuild the
Bus Logic driver as module. But any attempt to insmod the module failed
with a device busy or a segfault, in other words, it did not work.
	So, is there a way to get a flashpoint card to work on an Alpha,
or do I need to go shopping for another SCSI card? Thanks.

	PS. The above test was made with kernel 2.0.35, but from what I
can tell the 2.2.x kernels have the same limitation.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | rkirkpat@nag.cs.colorado.edu  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |