any difference at all on an i386...

    From: chucker@tool.dhs.org (Chris Mazuc)

    Hello,

    I'm one of the upstream developers for bluefish and I have been notified
    that there have been compile problems on the Alpha architecture. If I am
    correct, this is an example of the code that has been causing all this
    trouble:

    {"/Tags/Special/Other/Soft hypen", NULL, insert_char, (int) "­", NULL},

    this is how that works (from the GTK site)...

    -- begin gtk.org's stuff --

       Item 1: The menu path. The letter after the underscore indicates an
	       accelerator key once the menu is open.
       Item 2: The accelerator key for the entry
       Item 3: The callback function.
       Item 4: The callback action.  This changes the parameters with
	       which the function is called.  The default is 0.
       Item 5: The item type, used to define what kind of an item it is.
	       Here are the possible values:

	       NULL               -> "<Item>"
	       "<Title>"          -> create a title item
	       "<Item>"           -> create a simple item
	       "<CheckItem>"      -> create a check item
	       "<ToggleItem>"     -> create a toggle item
	       "<RadioItem>"      -> create a radio item
	       <path>             -> path of a radio item to link against
	       "<Separator>"      -> create a separator
	       "<Branch>"         -> create an item to hold sub items (optional)
	       "<LastBranch>"     -> create a right justified branch