Re: JDK

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999 norvierk@muohio.edu wrote:

>     Anyone know if there's a chance of ever seeing any jdk packaged for alpha?

I can only offer a firm "maybe, but not yet" :-(  I hate to lob more work
onto the maintainer of the i386 JDK package, but it's probably better to
lobby them to do this.  Speaking for myself, I know that I lack the
knowledge of the internals and arrangement of the JDK, so I definitely
couldn't do it (I tried with woeful results).

If needed, I can provide URLs to Uncle George's site for the precompiled
binaries, if needed, but packaging it may be a nightmare.

FYI, this could be a source of a ton of bug reports for the Debian
maintainer of the i386 JDK, so they may not want it.

If nobody takes it overall, I'll look into it more in a month or so (I'm
moving this month).