Re: libwine

Andrew D Lenharth <adl@cs.washington.edu> writes:

> OK, I just aquired maintainership of wine, and had a few questions.
> According to the old maintainer, it will need to be completely repackaged,
> so I want to get it right.
> does libwine work on alpha?  I know wine shouldn't as it isn't an

It should, someone needs to test it. Do you have an example source to
test libwine with?

> emulator, but can you compile win source using libwine on alpha (asuming
> the source is 64bit clean)?  If you can I want to make sure that part of
> wine is multi-platform.
> if fact with em86, could (does?) wine work on an alpha?  I wouldn't thing
> it would work well, but I'd like anyone's experiance.

That wouldn't work, at least not as wanted. You can run wine-i386 with
libwine-i386 under em86, but not wine-i386 with libwine-alpha. Thats
something you can start programing. Would be a big speedup for wine on
alpha if it uses a libwine.

> I won't be back to my machines for a week or so, so I can't test this
> (compiling will take for ever on my multi :), but in the mean time any
> information on wine on non-intel platforms is greatly apreciated.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin