Big problems with arch-indep perl-based packages on archs other than i386

Hi...

I just realised that there are quite a few perl-based packages
(libapache-mod-perl, libapache-asp-perl, many more) that install files to
an architecture-dependent path (ie. /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.004/).
Obviously, this is less than optimal for other archs (I'm on Alpha, but
I'm sure this can be a problem for PPC, m68k, sparc, etc).  I ran into
this problem when trying to get a few mod-perl-based apache packages
working on my new Alpha, only to realise that it wasn't finding things
properly.  On subsequent checking, I found ALOT of perl code in
/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/ that probably should've been stored in
/usr/lib/perl5/alpha-linux.

Could the maintainers of all arch-independent perl-based packages check to
see where your debs are placing files on installation?  A simple grep on
the source package will not work, however, since most Makefile.PL's fill
in that info when they configure themselves, so you'll have to either
check master's copy of the debs or build a new one and check with 'dpkg
-c'.  This will save me ALOT of work filing bug reports and figuring out
what packages are doing this (there are at least five from what I can tell
so far).