Re: EGCS optimiser bugs...

On Mon 14 Jun 1999, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> I'm reporting at least three optimiser bugs to the egcs list. The examples
> I'm using are from xspread, r-base, and a particularly nasty one in
> nextaw.

Did this one ever get fixed? At least on alpha.debian.nl it still fails.

This is from one of the sound packages, I believe, heavily preprocessed
and minimized. So don't complain that the source doesn't do anything
useful; it's not supposed to :-)

--snip-snip-----------------------------------------------------------

/*
$ gcc -c -O2 egcs-bug.c # compiles fine with -O
egcs-bug.c: In function `main':
egcs-bug.c:43: internal error--unrecognizable insn:
(insn 162 154 69 (set (reg:SI 86)
        (reg/v:DI 71)) -1 (insn_list 154 (nil))
    (nil))
../../gcc/toplev.c:1378: Internal compiler error in function fatal_insn
*/

typedef enum {
	JCS_UNKNOWN,
	JCS_GRAYSCALE,
	JCS_RGB
} J_COLOR_SPACE;
struct jcs {
  J_COLOR_SPACE color;
};

int
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    int gray = 0, type, y;
    struct jcs cinfo;

    for (;;) {
	if (!y)
	    break;
	switch (y) {
	case '1':
	    gray = 1 ;
	    break;
	}
    }
    type = gray ? 1  : 2 ;
    if (gray)
	x();
    x2(&cinfo);
    cinfo.color = gray ? JCS_GRAYSCALE : JCS_RGB;
    for (y = 0; y < 3; y++)
	if (x3(type)) {
	}
}